NH Winter Break Family Eco-Adventure
February 28 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pmFree
Winter Break 2022 Family Eco Adventure
Wildlife Encounters Ecology Center is excited to invite you to join us for an active and fun-filled day of learning and experiences during your vacation week!
This year claim your spot and escape to the NH Seacoast region with us to spend a day visiting BOTH of our USDA licensed locations!
Each day will begin with a morning arrival at our 77 acre conservation property in Barrington, NH – just a few minutes north of UNH. A newly acquired property, this is a historic farm where we will explore fields, forests and frozen ponds along with a variety of farm animals! Imagine being transported back in time 100 years for a taste of New England farm life! Stay warm by the outdoor fire pit!
Following an active morning outside, there will be a break for your BYO lunch in the cars or fireside, then participants will drive less then 10 miles north to our legacy USDA licensed wildlife sanctuary for an afternoon guided “Sanctuary Tour” with our famous Ambassador Animals!
Timeframe: 9:30 AM till 3:00 PM
- 9:15 – 9:30 AM Arrival in Barrington
- 9:30 AM – Welcome and Orientation in the Education Barn
- 9:45 – 10:15 AM – Morning Farm Chores! Good morning greeting, feed, water, clean-out and morning brushing and walks with the pony, donkey, sheep, pygmy goats, mini-pigs, chickens and giant turkey!
- 10:15 – 11:15 AM – EXPLORE the Trails on a nature-based Scavenger Hunt!! Snow boots or bring snowshoes if you wish. Let’s see what tracks we can find and more!
- 11:15 – 11:45 – SNOW YOGA in the Education Field – how bendy are you?
- 11:45 – 12:30 PM – Play on Swain’s Pond! Bring your ice skates!
- 12:30 – 1:15 PM LUNCH
- 1:30 – 3:00 PM Sanctuary Tour in Rochester with the wildlife & exotics!
Available for Ages 6 & up – with adult (required)
Registration per child : $95 non-members. $85 members
Non-members registering 3+ kids receive member rate.
First adult no charge. Additional adults $25 each
RSVP today to hold your spot!
Non-refundable* deposit of $30 per child required to secure your spot.
Program runs unless there is an extreme weather event!
Participants will be responsible for bringing all the appropriate winter apparel. Snow boots, pants, jackets, hats, gloves/mittens, etc!
Pack your own lunches and drinks.
Snowshoes & ice skates are optional. We do not have our own to rent/lend at this time, sorry.
* In the case the we have to cancel a day dues to such an event, participant will receive a credit toward a future reservation or a refund.
Save your spot for winter break!!
Reserve your spot for an exciting day! Space is limited! Make sure to put the TOTAL number of people that will attend, regardless of age. Thank you! We will be in touch regarding deposits and billing.