Section 2 : Wildlife Encounters School Enrichment
“BRING YOUR CURRICULUM TO LIFE!!”
For more about our staff, backgrounds & qualifications – visit About Us.
- Stable fixed pricing that is easy to budget with!!
- Cost of an in-school field trip can be less that $1 per student!!
- Entirely customized lesson plans and presentations, any mix of animals!
- Travel & Transportation Rates and State-specific fees may apply additional to all of the above rates. We are happy to discuss options and provide written budgetary estimates!
- PROFESSIONAL ASSURANCES: ALL RATES include the costs associated with state and USDA licensing & inspections, $2 million general liability insurance coverage, automobile insurance, etc. Documentation HERE. All of our staff submit to CORI / SORI, and will submit to such background checks on a case-by-case basis at your request.
Classroom & Grade Level Enrichment
Grade, School-Wide & Family Night Assemblies
Extended Day Learning / After School Enrichment
PTA & Fundraising Applications!
A middle school teacher recently asked us to explain the half and full day rates, and here was the reply:
“The half-day and full-day teaching contracts are ones that provide open options for presentation scheduling and custom instruction within the time-frame.
Depending on the details of group sizes and program length (60-min / 90-min), they are generally the most affordable booking options for schools looking to do 3+ presentations, or keep the number of students in each presentation as reasonable as possible.
- Half-day is opening bell till 12 / 12:30 ish.
- Full day is bell-to-bell – with the option of an after-school presentation so long as it is right at the end of the school day.
Depending on the grades involved and the number of students, teachers and enrichment coordinators select these options so that they can:
– schedule shorter presentations (maybe 30 min) for younger grades or special needs groups, followed by maybe 60 or even 90 minute lessons for larger and/or older groups.
-with a large number of students, half and full-day contracts are a cost effective way of providing the best experience for a varied student population at the lowest cost!
* For example, you said you have 850 students. So a full day contract with travel would work out to a “field trip cost” of $1.51 per student.
In this situation, we are there for the entire day – and you are free to can schedule us for 3 assemblies, 6 smaller-group presentations… you might have an “advanced science / zoology” group that you would like a special small-group session with, or a group of students of the spectrum that would benefit from a small, quiet personal visit in a room because they do not handle the noise and activity of assembly well.
You can configure the day as you wish!
With regard to the animals, because I imagine you are wondering – the more direction we have with regard to desired topics to be discussed the better! Having said that, there are some animals with venue restrictions, and depending on the venue and number of presentations, we will normally bring a few more animals with us than we need for a single presentation.
For example, when we go up to Winslow Elementary every spring, we teach 6 classes, each one about 45-50 minutes. Each lesson of this length will generally feature 5-6 animals, but we may bring as many as 10-12 with us for the day. That way we can vary the animals in each presentation to the needs of the grade, group size, any student/teacher fears or phobias – and give the animals themselves breaks as needed 🙂 “